17 August 2009

Doesn't Look Like Much

But this is the only hilltop in this loop of a mind clearing ride. It's hot and I've been pushing harder than usual. This is pretty much my favorite point in this loop because it's downhill for the next 30 minutes or so. How badly do I need downhill right now? Prolly not very much, but ilk always take it.
.
I must be the last one to head out of town to start school. Every ONE of my friends is freaking out. Their emails and txts are flooding in and I feel like turning off the phone again, but it's a wave that won't end and they seem to be looking for sanity. Is it here? Should be, but my mind is saying ride....
.
I left the hilltop and am under my favorite tree in this loop. It's hot and the air quality is worse than "normal". Hoping for some cleaner air soon, and wondering how long it will take to get my head clear again because it seems like I'm headed into a storm.
.
I'm searching for something familiar that makes me feel secure if only for a few minutes. More riding...more hot wind...
.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, both figuratively and literally, downhill is always better.

    The trick to conquering worry is simply to not worry. Go at it with a care-free attitude from the beginning. Go with the flow, "ride" as you said. Things will work out and remember, everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running downhill again today - haha. Thanks, always, for your comments and interest!

    Everything happening for a reason has always been a tough one for me - gotta get over that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!