20 August 2009

Home is Where...?

.
One of the many great things about loving to camp is that you get comfortable quickly with what you might call your semi-permanent residence. I'm home now. Called it a dorm room...because it feels like that..., but everyone else calls it their apartment...and it is. It's next to the campus, but Dobie is a private residence even though it's really a big friggin' dorm. No one in their right mind would live here unless they were going to school at UT..., though I'm sure that soon I'll meet a non-student freak still here.
.
Freshman orientation is every bit as odd as I imagined it might be. Think that there's about 10,000 of us, and there's not a whole clue between our collective self.
.
Did get a chance to run this morning. Yay! Ran down (literally) to Town Lake, across the bridge, over to Zilker Park, back by the state capitol complex and then "home". The whole thing was less than 10 miles (maybe 15km) and broke it into 2 obvious pieces, getting some fresh juice near the park. We've visited Austin jillions of times over the years, but I didn't remember everything being so close.
.
Bought a coffee maker yesterday afternoon...so I had a good reason to wake up this morning :-D
.
haha... I've already missed a session this morning and feeling pretty good about that!

2 comments:

  1. that's a really nice dorm. It looks modern and clean. But what's on the inside is what really counts. So are the "apartments" decent (like size, cleanliness, noise, etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Me -

    Think I commented here before, but, oh well... Thank you for stopping by and commenting. The building was re-faced a few years ago - think 'twas built at the end of the 70's. The rooms are of good size, but a lot of things need some replacing. It's very convenient. About as close to campus as you can get without being in a dorm. It does get a little noisy at times, tho, so I usually have to study at one of the libraries - no dorm proctors...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!