21 August 2009

Loving the Architecture

I suppose that the building's on campus aren't that fancy, but they built a lotta of 'em in the 20's and 30's in a sorta mission style and I just love them. I'll have to take some pictures of my favorite library - so far - Battle Hall. It got it's name because they had pep rallies in and around it several decades back, the detail is great, the inside is like a viking mead hall and...it's attached to the school of architecture.
.
So much of the orientation this week has been about history of the school and I'm having a pretty good time. I'm kinda frustrated about only a few things now, and the list seems to be shrinking daily - if you're still on the list, then you prolly know it :-p
.
This is the main building. Not sure that it's used for much other than storage now. It has been a few things including a really tall library, but an unfortunate happening in the 70's has kept the observation level mostly closed since then.
.
Y'all keep having fun!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!