03 August 2009

Start off with something sweet


The neighbor's fluffy black cat had kittens on the first day of Summer. How can anyone not LOVE kittens? This one that I chose to paint last week is my favorite. She's not usually with the other 5 when they're playing so I have to kinda go hunting for her.
.
She's shy, but not unapproachable, and loves to have her ears and tummy scratched. So soft...and nibbles on your fingers - I swear she listens intently whenever you chat with her. Okay...so here's my first art post. Thanks for dropping by and here's to a brilliant Monday!!
.

9 comments:

  1. The painting is too good. Looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks just like my cat!! The painting is great!Your blog is too, I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so adorable! Thanks for letting me know and I am impressed that you caught the kittens personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting! You're right, kittens are really lovable. I love playing with them at the local animal shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind Writer! (Lopa) - thank you! It's mostly in the eyes. Realism is my fave!

    Camipants - saw your cat picture this morning and just jumped to post my lil painting! Thank you for your comments. I think you subscribed to the reader instead of following. The reader is odd - old posts that I deleted will somehow still show up in the reader. I'll read your blog with interest!

    Sandy - Thank you! Yes, it kind of amazed me, too. Just a lil paint splashed on there with some attention to the eyes, and there she was!

    Me - Thank you, too! I have to stay away from the shelter myself (haha) I'd take them all home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, so cute and you captured the kitty eyes very well. She looks like my kitty probably did as a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really great! How cute is this kitten! Looking forward to seeing more of your work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. SQ - I've seen your kitty pics and have thought the very same thing! Thanks for the frequent visits and sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly -

    Thank you for nudging me a lil to get this first one posted. The first time is the most difficult to do, I'm hoping! Hope that y'all have had a lot of good fun today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!