11 August 2009

This is the spot



.
This is part of the view when you step out the back door of our mountain cabin.
.
There's a meteor shower tonight (hope to post some pics tomorrow morning) and we figure that this small mountain piece should block the moonlight for a period to see the perseids. Hoping that the clouds clear somewhat to get the best view!
.
We're having a great time, tho, my great time seems to be more reflective than the other three in my party. Oh... the WEATHER! It barely hit 75F today and gets down to 50F or a little below at night. Obviously, a far cry from the 100F+ temps in Texas and it goes a long, long way in explaining why so many of my friends and their families disappear in June and come back at the end of August.
.
We're supposed to do some kayaking on Wednesday, or, at least, some river fun. The mountain biking today was a complete blast, tho, very tiring. The sights and smells of the forest are remarkable!
.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the pictures you've shared over the last couple of posts are gorgeous!!! If I had that view, I'd never, ever, ever want to go home!

    Have fun and enjoy the rest of your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kimberly!

    The ONLY reason that I wanted to come home... was so that I would have 1 full day before moving to a new city...

    It was soooooo much fun and the visual memories should stick for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vinay, for the visit and your comment!

    Have you been to Nepal, yet? A friend just returned from a trip there and he was speechless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!