07 September 2009

So finally...a good dream...

My dreams lately haven't been horrible, but you know how some things can be so boring that they can wake you up? Yeah...they've been like that. Lotsa regular school stuff and breaking pencils while taking notes - bike gets stolen from the rack and late to class - thirsty dreams...big deal, right?
.
Not sure the cause, but rest, relaxation, being ahead in studies and no roommates may have had a positive impact.
.
Prolly have to post this in two or three parts because of the details, and not wanting to forget any part -
.
Part I
.
Starts at the beach - almost all of my good ones start at the beach - and I'm lying on my back and am more comfortable than ever (more later), but I realize that I'm not even touching the sand. I'm floating a few inches above it and therefore no discomfort whatsoever, and no grit - just breeze and perfection. The waves are coming up and they come up to my feet, and dissipate before they reach my ankles. I can hear seagulls and people playing off in the distance, but when I raise my head to see them there's no one in sight - and I get the sense that it's like a private beach. I shift position to my side and can see rocks nearby that kinda form a niche for keeping out of public view. Now...this is the moment that I realize the comfort thing - there's no swimsuit, but it didn't matter because I was completely alone. Dunno about you, but I'm a little modest so being out there sans everything would be pretty difficult, but I was completely at peace.
.
I heard some extra splashing and thought that someone was in the surf running. Opened my eyes and saw another person, but she wasn't running...she was floating, too, and the splashing was caused by her hands - she was playing in the water and floating in my general direction. I really wanted to recognize her, but it was like her hair kept getting in the way as the sea breeze tossed it about. And then I heard her laughing. It was sweet and childlike and unfettered. When she looked over at me it was as though we were on this beach together because she wasn't surprised. She was laughing for me to hear and enjoy so I started to smile, and then chuckle, and then it came - a really loud relief of a laugh that seemed to make the air reverberate - like a movie special effect. She was becoming recognizable as she got nearer. She was spinning slowly in mid air as she floated over - like a dolphin doing underwater tricks except she was flying. The dream either started to take color or I never noticed it before, but her hair seemed to change colors as she came closer and closer. She was now close enough to reach out and touch.
.
Wow...time for a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!