30 October 2009

I'm Scared


I've been up since about 4.00 - result of an appropriately scary sleeping episode...

It's worked out okay, I guess, because there was some reading that was so boring it didn't get done on Wednesday after it was assigned.

But back to the nightmare....  I've been much more likely to have wonderful, colorful, dreamy dreams than anything else while I'm sleeping.  This one was especially unsettling because someone died, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.  Pretty certain that I'm going to have to study up on some dreams now because it doesn't make any sense at all to me.  Up for about 3 hours now and it still won't go away.  I'm really confused because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with what's been going on  during my waking hours.  This has been a really busy, achievement oriented, nee - people seeing and meeting, generally happy week.  Now this...why?

On the gleeful side - I've never been happier to wake and find that it was all made up :-)

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way lately about my dreams. For thr most part I never remember my dreams but these past couple months I've had all these horrific dreams that haunt me into the morning hours (of coarse I remember these dreams!). Glad that I'm not alone on the happy waking hours, scary sleep hours thing :)
    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately, my dreams have either been non-existant or happy. The last nightmare I had was like a month ago. My 9.5 month old little brother died. I remember bawling my eyes out in both the dream and when I woke up. I was soooooo upset because I haven't met my little brother yet and don't want the first time I see him to be in a mini casket.

    But the good dreams have been a real mood lifter. They all have to do with my love life. I'm curious as to whether these dreams are signs of things to come. I hope so. There are so many amazing people in the world and I finally realized it because of my good dreams.

    Hope the good dreams come back. sometimes the good dreams are what get me through the day. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni -

    First, thanks for the comment...

    Tho... I so don't wanna be scared about anything. It's like in my top 5 of things not to do.

    Wish that you find yourself in a place soon where you're not afraid of anything - waking or sleeping.

    Dunno if it had an impact on me last night, but I ended up focusing and praying for a friend of a friend whose 22 year old brother died of Lou Gehrigs....

    Really needed the focus, but surely could have done without the worry.

    I'm sure the day will be good, tho, and sincerely hope that yours is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nick -

    Tend to be concerned about the safety of my friends and family members... a lot. You hadn't mentioned that you have a baby brother! That's going to be so much fun!

    Happy your dreams have been happy!

    It's so much easier to go to sleep when one is trending on the sooooo good stuff in the dreams - last night I kinda wanted to stay up "for fear" that something bad would happen again.

    Unfortunately, it did.... Almost a repeat of the nightmare from Thursday night. Even tho I was short on sleep... popped right up when the worst part of the nightmare was coming...

    Oh, well - should be a great day and Halloween Night.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!