19 October 2009

Mmm mmm good


My appetite came back this morning and the world looks, sounds and feels different. Found out what happened to all the ginger ale and gatorade that I've been drinking over the last few days, too - ha, ha....
.
Had a family sized can of chicken noodle soup for lunch and started to feel a little poorly. Went and laid down and listened to some Bach and thought nice things. Started to doze off and then here came the Gatorade - through every pore in my body (uck-sorry). Omgosh - just like I was in a sauna!
.
Fever is down below 100 and feeling just about wonderful, but a little weak in the knees.
.
I'm not sure if the soup had anything to do with it, but going to give it some credit. The doctor and nurses yesterday were quite complimentary about everything else and said that I would beat "this" with no problems. I'm pretty sure that prayer helped, too. Thank you if you prayed for me. Prolly put some emphasis on the scientists' anti-virus medicine, too, please.
.
So...the crazy obsessive running, sports and general exercise and healthy eating might have helped, too, maybe.... The racy heartbeating on Sunday was kinda like a jogging beat and not really as fast as they made it out to be. So the heart got a little workout and my abs got a considerable workout from the coughing.
.
I'm not going to make light of the potential severity of this virus, tho, because I sure felt badly at times and the high fever and headaches kinda take away one's spirit for a bit. Right now I'm getting happier and continuing to milk the attention from my wonderful mom <3 as I regain my strength over the next few days - weeks?
.
And there's still a friend who wasn't able to leave the hospital, yet - she and I and another friend, Sammi, were all at the family shelter together, played a long while with the kids, and we all got the flu. Pray for Chloe, please, if you say prayers - thank you.
.

10 comments:

  1. Well it's nice to hear that you're feeling better now. Gatorade helped a lot! Did you know that Gatorade is also an alternative medicine for diarrhea? Be well.

    AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agus -

    Thank you for your kind words and sincere concern. It means a lot.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. AL -

    With the recent issues there in the Philappines it was special to see you reaching out to cheer me here. Thank you so much. I'm getting weller - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't been around on a while. Had some ridiculous schoolwork.

    Although Campbell's soup may be delicious, nothing beats Ramen noodles. They work just as well at making you feel better as Campbell's, but in my opinion, they taste much better. It's good that you're feeling better though. I hate when I get fevers because then I'll start to get delusional.

    I haven't prayed in a long time. I was gonna start again and I'll be sure to pray for your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are on the mend :) The flu is rough, especially this year! Still going to send some additional positive vibes your way, just in case ya need 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive karma your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Nick. The studies are consuming. Had a radical perspective change over the last several days and am happy to be getting well quickly, and just started thinking about how behind I am.

    Thank you, too, for keeping Chloe in your thoughts or prayers. She had a rough day today - and I was improving. Strange stuff this flu. It's probably going to get pretty bad this season, but now I'm immune, they say!

    Chat soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim -

    Thankies! My cough seems to be getting worse and I feel like a rib is broken...so positive vibes are greedily being received.

    Hope your world is good.

    We'll chat soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. IVA -

    Thanks for the karma splash. I'd really like to be sending some your way, too :-)

    Please take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!