08 October 2009

Place for Art


.
One of the bright and easy spots this semester has been my 3-D art class - sorry that I haven't mentioned it as being EX-tremely enjoyable - as other things have somewhat overshadowed the joy therein. I think this marks my 15th consecutive year of art classes having started as a 4 year old tot-artist!
.
We've been working with wire and trying to create volume and stability out of the tiny lines so I immediately went with an oak tree to start with imagined strength...and ended up incorporating roots to add some fun. You can't really see them, but there are little figures strewn about on the tree to add personality.
.
It's looking like I may have a deal to trade two home game tickets for Texas-OU tickets - the game in Dallas in a little over one week. I'd really like to go because it is a huge game that I've been to before and also means a trip home....
.

6 comments:

  1. That is one totally cool little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, Kim!

    Thanks! I've made a few little ones, too, trying to get some technique. Thinking mine is pretty amateur compared to some great wire trees I've seen now. Anyway... mine's different and has little people.

    Happy to see you here again.

    Chat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil Miss Dis-guise -

    Awww...amazing? Not really, but it was fun to try and be a tree for a short while!

    Thanks for coming by, and chat soon, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lopa -

    Thank you. I'm kinda sorta pleased with how this one (version #4) turned out. Made me an "A" so the prof musta thot so, too.

    Happy to be reading your words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I'll reply soon with my own comment!